Saturday, January 14, 2012

{Part 4} 25 Favorite Photos

Thank you all for being so patient with me! 
Here is Part 4!! *smile*

Here are 25 of my favorite photos that I have taken over the years! Most of them you have already seen but this time around I will share a little about each photo to give you all a small look "behind the lens". 

This photo is one of my most recent but immediately became a favorite! It was taken at Elkhorn Slough in California. I literally had about 5 minutes to get some shots at this location before they closed. Hiking back up the trail to get back to the entrance with so little time nearly killed me but hey! at least I got this shot right? lol

I took this in May of last year while my family was vacationing in Myrtle Beach together. Little guy was all tuckered out and took a second to rest on his mommy's shoulder. Playing in those waves is hard work!

This was taken at one of my family's favorite places! 
If you haven't had the opportunity to visit Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville, NC I highly suggest you go!! 

Fun Fact: This photo won me a 2nd place ribbon at the Cleveland County fair in 2010! 

This was taken on 17-Mile Drive in Pebble Beach, CA on HWY 1.
Another must see location! 17 miles of stunning landscapes! =)

When my nephew Gabe was little, I could spend hours and hours taking his pictures. He would just play as if I wasn't even there. Even when he did notice me he would just continue on doing what he was doing. On this day, we were outside playing and 
he made his way over to "Papa's Garden". 
Sometimes to get that special shot you just have to be patient and keep your eye out for it!

This one is from my most recent engagement session.
While I was taking some individual portraits of Lindsey, her fiance David stepped away from us and gave us a few minutes to ourselves. When he returned she looked up at him and smiled. This photo perfectly captures that moment and you can see just how much they love one another! Come on everybody...awww! lol

This actually brought tears to my eyes as I was shooting it! Little Landon was tired (as most little ones are at this point in the day) and was just a teeny bit restless during these particular shots. His mother got a book out for him to look at. Shortly after, his brother Matt sat down next to Landon and began singing the song to him to settle him down a little bit! It was the sweetest thing I have ever experienced during a session! Nothing like that brotherly love! 

I have never really known why I love this picture as much as I do. 
I took this on my first trip to California. My boyfriend and I went to Redding with his parents for the day and visited a park there. 
They had a beautiful garden and as those who are close to me know I am a sucker for a pretty garden! *smile*

This one is from my trip to Grand Rapids, MI while I was visiting my amazing Aunt Fran! She took me to the Salmon Ladder there to take some shots and I ended up with this one. It reminded me of my own grandfather (Pa) and all of us grandkids. He loved fishing and instilled that love in us (some more than others, lol). I love this photo because I know just how much this day meant to that little boy. Spending time with your grandparents is always a special day! =)

This was such a fun day for us! We had a blast driving around the greater Cleveland County area scouting new locations! Her eyes look so stunning in this shot! Thanks Sierra! 

I love gardens almost as much as I love doors...

...and archways! 

First photo was taken in Asheville, NC.
This photo was taken at Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach, NC.

I love all of the different colors and shades in this one! 
God's designs never fail to impress me! *smile*

As a photographer it is my job and number 1 goal to capture photographs that tell a story. This photo definitely does just that!
We were on location at South Mountain here in North Carolina and Colten wanted to play in the water...in October. So, needless to say the water was VERY cold! =)

This was the moment my nephews met each other for the first time. I love the look on Gabe's face! He doesn't seem too sure about his new baby brother! 

This was taken at Shell Beach in California. I was taking a few snapshots of the beautiful west coast sunset when a father and his 2 sons walked into my frame. The light looked almost magical behind them so, of course I had to take a quick shot! =)

I took this one from inside Bank of America Stadium during a Panthers game this season. Such a beautiful day!

This was taken during a weekend getaway to Asheville. My mother was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in August of 2010. Her latest rounds of chemo had made her hair fall out. It is now growing back curly and much darker than before! She looks even more beautiful to me now! *smile* Love you Mom!

This is my sister Kristen who passed away 2 years ago last December. We were celebrating our youngest nephew's birthday at Shelby City Park when this picture was taken. Little guy had a very long day and "Kiki" rocked him to sleep on the swing. She always had the most beautiful smile on her face! Love you too Kiki!

He looks so so cute in this one! 

This is Madalyn, a little girl I watch @ the preschool. She has the funniest little personality and keeps me laughing on a daily basis!

Haha that face is too cute!

I think this might just be my new favorite location in California! 
It was this random cow pasture off of HWY 1 that just so happens to be an official viewing spot. Unless you researched it before you went you would never know it was there! We walked through the pasture out to this overlook that completely took my breath away! Can't wait to go back! 

Here is another example of being camera ready at all times. All it takes if for them to look at you with their sweet little faces and you have a picture to cherish forever. *smile*
Such a mischievous little guy!


That was a few of my favorite pictures that I have taken over the years! Thank you so much for taking the time to look through them and for supporting this blog as much as you have! It truly means the world to me! I am so looking forward to 2012 with all of you and sharing new photos and sessions! Love you bunches! 

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment