Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My favorite things


Every now and then someone will ask me what I like and don't like about my job as a photographer. 
Truth is, I love a lot of things! So, this morning while I was working in the preschool I was thinking that I should share all of my photography loves with my readers. 
Here's a look into what it's like to be me....It's not that scary, I assure you. *smile*

Here are 10 of my favorites in no particular order. Ready? Go!

10) Photography is ever changing. I love being challenged in new and exciting ways! 

9) Working with children of all ages. I love to see their personalities shine!

8) Photo walks. I am an explorer at heart, so every corner is an adventure for me!
  
7) Meeting new people. I am a people person and if you locked me in a room alone for a week I would probably go crazy. 
  
6) I love providing my family with instant memories of birthday parties, t-ball games, family reunions, vacations, every day silliness...etc. It feels good knowing that my loved ones will always have photos to cherish. 
  
5) Photography runs in my family. Apparently it's a Fretto thing. My Grandpa Great was an avid photographer who had some equipment that has been passed down to different generations. My Pa took an interest in it, as well as my Dad and my sister. My Aunt Francesca and her daughter Abra have their own studio in Grand Rapids. So, long story short...I really don't think I had a choice in the matter. lol
(You can view my Aunt's site here...www.shadetreestudio57.com)

4) I love looking at other photographers work. Ansel Adams will forever be my absolute favorite! 

3) Editing!! Believe it or not, I actually love this part of my job. Not many photographers can say that, which surprises me. 

2) Feedback from all of you!
  
1) Knowing that I get to do something that I have fun with every single day and get paid to do it! I have never thought of this as a "job". Thank you all for making this girl's dream come true every single day! *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment